2020 Lifetime Achievement Award, 2020 Outstanding Young Scholar Award, 2020 Professor Chu-Yung Lin Memorial Award for Innovative Research Program, 2020 Professor CY Lin Memorial Award for Excellence in Ph.D. Dissertation, and 2020 Best Plant Science Master Thesis Award
are now open for nomination and application. Please mail the documents to Room 307, Life Science Building, NTU. No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei, Taiwan 10617.
The application deadline for 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award, 2020 Outstanding Young Scholar Award, and 2020 Professor Chu-Yung Lin Memorial Award for Innovative Research Program is
July 20th , 2020.
The application deadline for 2020 Professor CY Lin Memorial Award for Excellence in Ph.D. Dissertation and 2020 Best Plant Science Master Thesis Award is Augest 7th , 2020.
For details, please visit http://tspb.org.tw/TSPB_website/prize-2-1.php
Please contact us know if you have any questions.
EMBO is an organisation of more than 1800 leading researchers that promotes excellence in the life sciences in Europe and beyond. The major goals of the organisation are to support talented researchers at all stages of their careers, stimulate the exchange of scientific information, and help build a research environment where scientists can achieve their best work.
About the EMBO Global Investigator Network
The Global Investigator Network was launched in 2019 to support life scientists who have started their own laboratories in India, Singapore, Chile or Taiwan. The emphasis of this programme is on creating a local network of young group leaders and strengthening cross-continental connections with scientists in Europe, in particular the EMBO Young Investigators and Installation Grantees.
In 2019, EMBO selected the first nine life scientists to join the Global Investigator Network, including two scientists based in Taiwan. This first group of Global Investigators began the programme on 1 January 2020 and will receive support from EMBO for a total of four years.
Funds are available for EMBO Global Investigators for:
• Visiting other research institutions to give a scientific seminar or to plan/continue a collaboration
• Training in research leadership and management skills through EMBO Lab Leadership Courses
• Inviting researchers to give a scientific lecture at their institute
• Sending members of their research group to another laboratory to carry out experiments or learn a technique
• Organising joint group meetings with other laboratories
• Attending or organising regional or international scientific meetings
• Attending the biennial EMBO Global Investigator Network meeting
• A lab retreat
• Covering fees for publications in EMBO Press journals
• Childcare support when attending conferences
Eligible candidates must:
• Have been group leaders of a laboratory for at least one year and for less than six years on 1 January in the year of the application*
• Perform life science research in India, Singapore, Chile or Taiwan
• Have published at least one last author research paper in an international peer-reviewed journal from independent work carried out in their laboratory
*Extended eligibility period for candidates with children or under exceptional circumstances may apply
Application deadline: 3 June 2020, 14:00 CEST
View details and apply online: global investigators